Founded in 1769 and member of the Ivy League, Dartmouth College is constantly listed among top US colleges. With its three professional schools: Thayer School of Engineering, Tuck School of Business and Geisel School of Medicine, it provides comprehensive and quality education in various fields.
- More than 40 departments and programs;
- More than $76 million spent on financial aid in 2013;
- Average three-term scholarship of $40,000 with almost 50 percent of students receiving it;
- “Research university with very high research activity” (classification by the Carnegie Foundation).
Besides arts, sciences and social sciences, the college also offers interdisciplinary programs in:
- African and African-American Studies Program;
- Asian and Middle Eastern Studies Program;
- Comparative Literature Program;
- Environmental Studies Program;
- Institute for Writing and Rhetoric;
- Jewish Studies Program;
- Latin American, Latino, and Caribbean Studies Program;
- Linguistics and Cognitive Science Program;
- Mathematics and Social Sciences Program;
- Native American Studies Program;
- Women’s and Gender Studies Program.